Justin 'n' Tom inc. forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did someone say "Shuckle"?

3 posters

Go down

Did someone say "Shuckle"? Empty Did someone say "Shuckle"?

Post by Latios Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:54 am

Shuckle

Base stats

HP: 20
Attack: 10
Defense: 230
Special Attack: 10
Special Defense: 230
Speed: 5

Massive Defences to withstand a lot of hits. Highest defences in the game (for now...)

Common movesets:

Toxic
Rest
(i dont know what would go here...)
(i dont know what would go here...)

Toxic

Able to inflict a lot of damage over time and Shuckle can stay in for a long time so...

Rest

When Shuckle's HP is low, use Rest. It ca take the hits while it sleeps.
Latios
Latios
Shuckle, Drapion, Rayquaza

Registration date : 2008-06-23
JNT Dollars : OVER 9000 : 283806 JNT Dollars. If this was real money i would buy an awesome car
Male
Number of posts : 3482
Job/hobbies : Being awesome.
Humor : Pokemon Glitches, they're so lulzy!
Current Project : Planning on writing a few stories or maybe even a novel. Other than that, not much...
Known Coding Languages : Whale.
Free Space! : Add me on Steam!

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Did someone say "Shuckle"? Empty Re: Did someone say "Shuckle"?

Post by Snail Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:32 pm

Here are two more recommended moves:

Encore! Encore!

Why encore?

Because since a lot of pokémon like to set up on Shuckle due it's non-existant (other than Power Trick) attack stats, Shuckle needs a way to handle these evil pkmn. Encore is the perfect way. Encore a stat up move, switch to something that handles it well (like the way choice band tyranitar handles almost everything well) and let them kill it. Alternatively, you can utilise Power Trick while they are busily using Calm Mind or Bulk Up or Swords Dance or whatever. Then you can kill them in ummm... one if they are frail like Gengar, two if they are bulky like Hippowdon and maybe even three if they are like Forretress, Skarmory or Registeel. But you will have to replace Toxic or Rest with a move that hurts like Earthquake or Rockslide.

Power Trick

Why power trick?

Shuckle gains an attack stat of 614. To compare, Deoxys-Attack can only reach a maximum of 504. Scary, huh. A stat like that can KO some very bulky stuff. The way it's like this with Power Trick puts it up with giants like Thick Club Swords Dancing Marowak (oh crap that's powerful), Medicham, Slaking, and even Swords Dance Garchomp (yes. that's right).

By the way, Forretress is slightly more bulky due to the HP. Def is 90 less, but still attains a slightly higher bulk value. But... then ... Regirock......... anyway, due to Shuckle's rock typing, Shuckle gains a Sp def boost in Sandstorm (massive value, this makes it bulkier specially than Cresselia - wow). Since Shuckle is basically as bulky as Forretress and bulkier than Cresselia, these makes it the best mixed wall. Don't call it a tank though. It can't really do much damage in return. By the way, if you don't like the idea of Toxic (if you are weird), then you could try Stealth Rock instead and set up traps. Stealth Rock also has higher PP so if you wanted to stall the opponent (like I did once with my Shuckle when facing a Kingdra in the battle tower. Most people bet on Kingdra to win but Kingdra fell to Toxic. HA!) out of PP, until they Struggle and commit suicide in 4 or less turns. Oh, and Shuckle can completely ignore Struggle with the huge defense.

Another thing that Shuckle hates is Taunt. You can say it's basically ruined by Taunt as the move disables all non-attacking moves (and thus basically cannot stall well anymore).

Shuckle should most of the time run a 252 HP/180 Sp Def/82 Def EV spread with a Bold nature if you want to stall.

Hey Rayquaza, you should rate Shuckle. (and please not on favouritism, but on how good it really is.

EDIT: Shuckle can run Knock Off if you like. Both Lati twins are annoyed with Shuckle for that. Shuckle can take their hits well and Knocks Off their Soul Dew, halving the power they have. And with power halved like that, that throws the twins into the realms of OU or even BL!
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Title : Indeed!
Registration date : 2008-06-20
Male
Number of posts : 4727

http://www.lemonparty.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 am

7/10
Latios
Latios

Registration date : 2008-06-23
JNT Dollars : OVER 9000 : 283806 JNT Dollars. If this was real money i would buy an awesome car
Male
Number of posts : 3482
Job/hobbies : Being awesome.
Humor : Pokemon Glitches, they're so lulzy!
Current Project : Planning on writing a few stories or maybe even a novel. Other than that, not much...
Known Coding Languages : Whale.
Free Space! : Add me on Steam!

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonz4life Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 am

8/10
Dragonz4life
Dragonz4life
Platinum
Platinum

Title : Dragonz4life

-Go da Dragonz
Registration date : 2009-03-23
JNT Dollars : 50000 JNT Dollars
Male
Number of posts : 283
Current Project : Stick War : The Evil King
Known Coding Languages : HTML some CSS
Free Space! : LAZORZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLARGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:40 am

I will rate Shuckle too.

7.5/10

massive defenses are always good but low hp is a let down. and so is the the attacking stats.
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonz4life Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 am

btu with toxic, the lonnger the battle goes the better, and because of shuckle's defences it's a good pokemon to have in your party.
Dragonz4life
Dragonz4life
Platinum
Platinum

-Go da Dragonz
Male
BLARGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:38 am

And how will it heal itself? It needs a good healing move, other than Rest. That's because Rest is unreliable. If Shuckle is against an Alakazam, Alakazam uses Psychic 3 times, Shuckle is down to low health. Shuckle rests. Alakazam Calm Minds during the free two turns. Then decimates Shuckle. Besides, Everything can set up against Shuckle because of the defenses.
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonz4life Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 am

well yeah, i supose
Dragonz4life
Dragonz4life
Platinum
Platinum

-Go da Dragonz
Male
BLARGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down