Justin 'n' Tom inc. forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits! 48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits!  48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL Empty Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits! 48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL

Post by Latios Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 am

Hello everyone, and welcome to the GH: S/GH Countdown.
Thank you Frost from Psypoke for inspiring this.

Well Lets get started!
Updated title is "Yeah. I copied Frost's style. Shut up." referring to the fact that...well, i'm using his style =p

Number 48: No one knows - Queens of the Stone Age
Here is our first victim, No one knows. Now in Guitar Hero 3, Queens of the Stone Age had a great song called 3's and 7's but this is to boring. Chord chord chord slide chord chord chord slide etc etc. And the song itself, in my opinion, isn't that great. I just find it too boring. So this is why No one knows is the first song to appear on this list.

Number 47: I love rock n roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Well, its not THAT bad of a song, but its just way to easiiiieee. This was the second song i FC'ed on Expert (First was Slow Ride, DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON SLOW RIDE) and even the Solo is an absolute push over. And my friend complains about the real short interlude between verse's because its on the other side of the fretboard -_-. All in all, its boring.

Next two songs updated tomorrow. Click to view spoiler

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Yoshi on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 am; edited 15 times in total
Latios
Latios
Shuckle, Drapion, Rayquaza

Registration date : 2008-06-23
JNT Dollars : OVER 9000 : 283806 JNT Dollars. If this was real money i would buy an awesome car
Male
Number of posts : 3482
Job/hobbies : Being awesome.
Humor : Pokemon Glitches, they're so lulzy!
Current Project : Planning on writing a few stories or maybe even a novel. Other than that, not much...
Known Coding Languages : Whale.
Free Space! : Add me on Steam!

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits!  48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL Empty Re: Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits! 48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL

Post by Snail Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:47 am

Nice! Great idea. Can't wait for higher ranks...
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Title : Indeed!
Registration date : 2008-06-20
Male
Number of posts : 4727

http://www.lemonparty.org/

Back to top Go down

Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits!  48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL Empty Re: Yoshi counts down the best Guitar Hero: Smash/Greatest Hits! 48-1 ITS COMPLETE YALL

Post by Latios Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:34 am

New update!
Updated title is "WARNING: EASY" referring to #45

#46: Rock and roll all nite - Kiss
Sorry Neversoft, but putting this song in three separate Guitar Hero games does not make it any better, ESPECIALLY when you put a different version in EACH of them. This song is too boring and repetitive, and for some reason Star Power ALWAYS activates in the long gaps in the end of the choruses. And its pretty easy too.

#45: Shout at the Devil - Monty Crue
First thing, this song has a warning label meaning that this song is really hard, AND ITS IN THE FIRST GIG AND EASSSIIIIEEE. So thats pretty fucked up. Second, this song is too repetitive. It has one easy solo that goes for about ten seconds, and then repeats the rest of the song again. >.<

Tomorrow, two more songs get the boot. Click to view spoiler:
Spoiler:
Latios
Latios

JNT Dollars : OVER 9000 : 283806 JNT Dollars. If this was real money i would buy an awesome car
Male
Current Project : Planning on writing a few stories or maybe even a novel. Other than that, not much...

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:25 am

F**k tomorrow, i wanna update this list MOAR. So 4 new songs appearing on the list.
Title updated to "Its like its not there", referring to #44

#44: Take it off - The Doonas
I haven't actually PLAYED its song, probably because its surrounded by awesomeness, but i have listened to it by simply scrolling over it and it sounds boring as hell. Seeing as i haven't played it, i cant give any more info on this.

#43: Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith
I like a few Aerosmith songs, but this is boring. Country music sucks >.<. Being the oldest song in the entire game, you wouldn't exactly expect it to be really popular, and you would be right. When playing the song, the chords really get on your nerves (BUT NOTHING LIKE HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS ON GHWT) so this its why Back in the Saddle is number 43.

#42: Freya - The Sword
Its too boring. Its another one of those "surrounded by awesomeness" songs so its not often played. The song itself doesn't sound half bad but in game its just to frustrating with all the chords and the singer sounding like he's having a gag reflex. All in all, its pretty fail.

#41: Heart shaped Box - Nirvana
Yet another "surrounded by awesomeness" song, this is just too boring. Its soft, and just really full of boring long riffs. WHAR SOLO. Being so boring, i have nothing else to say.

Tomorrow (MAYBE) 4 new songs get slaughtered. Click for some spoilers:
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Yoshi on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lolerror)
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:02 am

Lawl gag reflex

So you couldn't wait to do the next update XD

Nice, can't wait to see which ones are next. RAWR WARNING SYMBOL THIS SONG IS HARD
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:24 am

Well yeah, that singer is a fag

Updated title "This song was taken out...HEY I MADE A PUN" refering to number 38.

#40: Hit me with your best shot - Pat Benatar
What i find interesting, is how a girl is named "Pat". Anyone else notice that?=p. Anyway, this song has been in three games, first being GH3, and back then, i really liked it. But then it got really repeditive, but i can see why its a "greatest hit" because it was a popular song in GH3. It has a pretty cool solo, but its become too boring over the years.

#39: Stop! - Jane's Addiction HOOKED ON ONYX (Anyone who gets this joke gets a cookie =D)
Its an alright song, but its really too boring and frustrating in the game. I honestly can't think of anything else to say lol Ż\(o_0)/Ż

#38: Take me out - Franz Ferdaland
Lol weird band name. Its a pretty cool song to listen too and in game it's a great song to train your strumming on, but other than that its pretty bland notewise, not having a solo and all...=(

#37: Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax
Can you say OVERCHARTED? Honestly>.<. Regardless of how overcharted it is, its still pretty easy, and i believe Cult of Personality should have gotten that warning label. Still, it's a cool song =)

4 more songs get the boot next time. Click for spoiler:
Spoiler:

Bye!
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 am

Yes, well 'Pat' may stand for 'Patricia' (PATRICIA SAWYER WAS ONE OF THE WORST TEACHERS IN THE WORLD)

lawl mrs sawyer fail
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:23 am

Updated title is "o_0" Referring to #34

#36: Killer Queen - Queen
THIS SONG IS OLD AND BORING. Thats part is true. But in game, it has some pretty cool solo's to play and thats why it gets this high. My mum loves this song >.<

#35: Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Well its an AWESOME song, but in game, its ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUSLY LONG and the slider riff can get quite boring after a while. I mean, Solo U? REALLY? I thought Stranglehold was bad -___-

#34: Phsychobilly Freakout - Reverend Horten Heat
Awesome song to listen too, but at the same time, quite scary and o_0. Also quite overcharted in the solos (but NOWHERE NEAR the extent of Guitar Hero 2) and this is why its this low? Surprised?

#33: Stellar - Incubus
Yet another "surrounded by awesomeness" song but at least THIS one has good play quality. Its pretty cool to listen to as well.

Thats it for now. Might be another update later today. Click for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:13 am

=o free bird out

Also i cant imagine how overcharted Psychobilly Freakout would be on GH2 o_O
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:35 am

Youtube it. I DARE YOU.

Updated Title: "Nothing but a bad song", referring to #32

#32: Nothing but a good time - Poison
SBA. I have no more to say. No, really.

#31: Hey You - The Exies
SBA.

#30: Message in a Bottle - The Police

#29: Electriceye - Judas Priest
Pretty cool, but SBA

#28: Monkey Wrench - Foo Figthers
SBA

#27: Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Pretty cool, but SBA.

#26: Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
SBA.

#25: Round and round - Ratt
SBA

Thats pretty much all the SBA songs. Goodbye!

Last edited by Yoshi on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 am

That song was directly after Caught in a Mosh i think. Electric...eye...? I think thats the name of the song. Whatever it was, the slider solo is really fun to play (AND CATCHES ME BY SURPRISE EVERY TIME)

[insert slow notes here] [insert supah-rapid slider solo here]
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 am

Now we have 24 more to go! Lets see whats left....

Bark at the Moon
Barracuda
Beast and the Harlot
Carry on Wayward Son
Cherry Pie
Cowboys form Hell
Cult of Personality
Godzilla
I wanna rock
Killing in the Name
Laid to Rest
Lay Down
Miss Murder
More than a Feeling
Mother
Play with Me
Raining Blood
The Trooper
Them Bones
Thunderkiss 65
Through the Fire and the Flames
Unsung
Woman
YYZ

Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:31 am

Wow. I wonder which song will be at the top.
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 am

Updated title "*THE POOPER HAR I AM SO WITTY" referring to #23

#24: Cherry Pie - Warrant
This song is pretty much SBA but it has a cool solo and its a pretty cool song too. Shame it wasn't a bit harder, really, although they overcharted the FUCK out of the riffs in GH2 >.<

#23: The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Its an awesome song, but to be honest, its a little too hard for my liking. But YAY SOLO =D. Number of the Beast so deserved a re-chart more =(

#22: Lay Down - Priestess
Being pretty much the most underated song in GH3, im glad to see it feature in Greatest Hits. Its an awesome song to listen to, but really, its way to easy to put up further. Seriously underated though =(

#21: Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Osbourne
I HATE THIS SONG BUT ITS SO FUN TO PLAYYY. Although the riffs sound A LOT like Stranglehold >.<

Ok here is what is left:

Barracuda
Beast and the Harlot
Carry on Wayward Son
Cowboys form Hell
Cult of Personality
Godzilla
I wanna rock
Killing in the Name
Laid to Rest
Miss Murder
More than a Feeling
Mother
Play with Me
Raining Blood
Them Bones
Thunderkiss 65
Unsung
Woman
YYZ

Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 am

Lolwut?

Also yes it is fun to play =D
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 am

Updated title "Why Cowboys?" referring to #18

#20: Woman - Wolfmother
Awesome song AND IT HAS AN ORGAN SOLO OMFG!!!! Lol but its quite easy and really, it gets this far for sounding cool and OMG ORGAN SOLO!!!!

#19: Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult
Side note: Shiny Cloyster is technically a "Blue Oyster" =p. But to the song, it doesn't sound that great, but in the game, it has some great solos to play and it can really help your hammering on skills. Even has a few purple riffs, which is a plus =D

#18: Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
Well, its a pretty damn awesome song, and it has awesome HOPO riffs (Hammer on/Pull offs) but in reality, it takes heaps of stamina to FC the son of a bitch since your hand is like, dead, after the solo

#17: More than a Feeling - Boston
Cool (but old) song and my dad loves it, but it's, unfortunately, too boring to put up any further. But its pretty good for practicing extra-sustainable chords

Ok, this is what is left guys!

Barracuda
Beast and the Harlot
Carry on Wayward Son
Cult of Personality
I wanna rock
Killing in the Name
Laid to Rest
Miss Murder
Mother
Play with Me
Raining Blood
Them Bones
Thunderkiss 65
Unsung
YYZ

Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:13 am

Wow, you've gone through the updates pretty fast. Can't wait for Top ten!

Very Happy

And do you know when you are starting that GH3 list?
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:18 am

Im making the list first, THEN im gonna start posting updates. So it will e up soon, i promise =D
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:31 am

Updated title is "ITS IMPOSSIBLE =0" referring to #15

#16: Unsung - Helmet
Pretty damn awesome song and absolutely great for training chords but it lacks excitement. WHAR SOLO BAWWWWWWW!

#15:Through the Fire and the Flames - Dragonforce
Awesome,awesome song but really, ITS JUST TOO F*CKING HARD! Great for practice on slower speeds, but on Full Speed, they really overdone it. Thank you god for the slider >.<

#14: I wanna Rock - Twisted Sister
Pretty damn epic song and has one of the best HOPO solos
ever, it got pretty high. But the rest of the song is too easy to put up higher.

#13: Killing in the Name - Rage against the Machine
Little known fact. Guitarist in this song is Tom Morello =D. Has an epiccccccc solo and awesomely fun riffs and such, so its another seriously underated song.

Who's left? Is YOUR favorite still in?

Barracuda
Beast and the Harlot
Carry on Wayward Son
Cult of Personality
Laid to Rest
Miss Murder
Mother
Play with Me
Raining Blood
Them Bones
Thunderkiss 65
YYZ
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 am

GO CULT OF PERSONALITY, PLAY WITH ME AND YYZ

Also =o at #15
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 am

Updated title is "RAWR RAWR RAWRAWRAWRWRAW" referring to #11

#12: Barracuda - Heart
Woooo epic song \o/. Great song to practice your alt-strumming on, and was one of the most popular songs in GH3. But the solo is quite easy, and so is the outro, so it can't put it up higher.

#11: Laid to Rest - Lamb of God
Rejoice, Snail! Awesome song and has some of the bests riffs EVER, but the lyrics are hardly legible, so it loses points for that. Laid to Rest just misses out on the Top 10!

Next update, the TOP 10 =0 Who will leave us next update. We have:

Beast and the Harlot
Carry on Wayward Son
Cult of Personality
Miss Murder
Mother
Play with Me
Raining Blood
Them Bones
Thunderkiss 65
YYZ

This is your top 10! WHO WILL GO ON TO THE TOP 5?
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 am

Yes, I don't like Laid to Rest because of all that horrible screaming.

Also I wonder where Them Bones will place. It's pretty cool (DOOM THEME EPIC)
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 am

Updated title is "Im surprised WMG hasn't nuked ID Software yet" referring to #8

#10: Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
AWESOME ANTIQUE SONG! A lot of people will be surprised that this made it to the top 10, but just play the song. Please. Awesome solo's too. Yay!

#9: Thunderkiss 65 - White Zombie
Another surprising entry to the top 10, is Thunderkiss. Black sunshine NEEDED a rechart, but they gave it to Thunderkiss instead. Still, its an awesome song and it needs more recognition.

#8: Them Bones - Ummmm.....i can't remember lol =D
Any Doom fan knows this song sounds suspiciously like the tune used in Level 23 "Barrels o' Fun" in Doom 2. But the song itself is awesome, with a kickass solo, and is another seriously underated song.

Next update: Two more get the boot, leaving us with our Top 5!

Here is whats left:
Beast and the Harlot
Cult of Personality
Miss Murder
Mother
Play with Me
Raining Blood
YYZ

Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snail Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:04 am

Epic update!

The remaining seven are probably the best choices for the top seven, because they are all awesome! Very Happy
Snail
Snail
Secondary Creator
Secondary Creator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:07 am

=D
Latios
Latios

Male

CreeperBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next